Monday, May 15, 2006

The Accessory

Brides of every culture have accessories: the right shoes (or zori sandals), the hairstyle (or wig), the manicure (with pearls!), the jewelry (bling!). There's one more accessory. Tatay imparted this little gem years back, and when my friends Jen and Doy announced their engagement to him, he turned to the then groom-to-be:


"Marriage is for the couple; the wedding is for the bride. Just show up dressed, clean-shaven and on-time. You're just an accessory."

And so, a few words about the Groom. Just a few. Given my family's nature to rip on one another, I'd really like to say that Greg resembled one of the hosts on "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge", but I can't! He actually was quite striking in his haori coat and hakama.


IMG_0169

P.S. Seeing someone bring Greg and Fumiko a mirror made Norv think of Morris Day and the Time, and Jerome, his man-servant. Bring me my mirror!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home